- Monday to Friday from 9 am to 5 pm.
- Main number – 416-225-8900
This number is answered Monday to Friday from 9 am to 5 pm. After hours and on weekends you can press “1” to leave a message in our general voice mailbox or you can press “2” and you will be connected to our urgent response line.
- After hours urgent response line – 416-225-9053
This number is answered outside of office hours. It is to be used in urgent situations whereby there is an unpredictable urgent event with a booked service.
- The best way to book/change/cancel services is to contact the office Monday to Friday from 9 am to 5 pm. We have full scheduling resources available and can ensure that everything is in place with the caregiver you know.
- We know that care is a very personal thing and we try very hard to ensure the consistency of your caregiver. The best way to do this is to book ahead.
- We also recommend getting to know more than one caregiver so that if your primary caregiver is sick or on vacation then you are familiar with another.
- Many of our clients find email a more convenient way to book service. Please be aware that outside office hours emails aren’t checked so if you have a change the best way is to call the main number and leave a message.
- The majority of our caregivers have regular schedules. Should you wish to make any changes to your schedule or extend your visit times please call the office and speak to our staff member to ensure those changes are made.
- We will always do our best to accommodate all requests but cannot always guarantee your primary caregiver is available on short notice if they have a regular client who relies on them in a complex care situation. The best way to ensure any requests can be met is to let us know as soon as possible as we schedule two weeks in advance and that is the best time to make changes.
- Caregivers bring their own meals on longer shifts.
- Many clients ask if the caregiver can have a coffee or tea with them or will eat their meal at the same time. The answer of course is yes!
- Caregivers do not drive. Parking in Toronto has become so difficult that all of our caregivers travel by TTC. They will accompany clients to appointment using wheeltrans, the bus or via taxi.
- Service booked by noon the prior day is assured. Service can be cancelled until 2:00 pm the day before without a fee.
- Client related expenses will be invoiced unless paid for at the time.
- If documentation of caregiver qualifications is required for insurance or other purposes, notification is required prior to commencing services.
- If a worker is sent away before the end of the booked service, the client will be invoiced for the entire period to avoid penalizing the worker.
- All Selectacare staff are bonded and covered by liability insurance, Canada Pension, Employment Insurance and Workplace Safety and Accident. They also receive vacation and holiday pay and have access to a medical plan.
- Statutory holiday and holiday weekends will be billed at time and a half. You can select to never have holiday services. If you do not select this option then please ensure that you notify us,
Your bills will be made up of the following:
- A statement summarizing your account
- Invoices which detail the caregivers name, date and time they visited
- Any expenses or adjustments
You can pay your bills via the three following methods
- Email debit transfer
- Pre-authorized withdrawal